If you are entitled to free school meals then please complete an application with Together for Children by clicking here . If you aren't sure if you are eligible, please contact Together for Children on 0191 561 1417 or email@example.com and one of the team will try to help you.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for and getting free school meals at any time before 31 March 2022, they’ll remain eligible until this date.
Please apply if you get any of these benefits - your child’s school can also get extra funding if you do. Free school meals are only available to school aged children (Reception onwards). If your child is eligible for and getting free school meals at any time before 31 March 2022, they’ll remain eligible until this date.
You may be aware all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are now entitled to free school meals under the new government initiative. However you must still register your entitlement regularly at the school office.
The school takes part in the Government’s ‘Healthy Schools’ initiative. Under this scheme children in Nursery class and KS1 will be provided, free of charge, with a piece of fruit or vegetable for their mid-morning snack. For more information on what we provide please click here.